FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Old Oct 21, 2013, 5:43 am
enoughtoo

C2-C3

According to what you want to fly and what you've collected,

1. In *A, CA/MS/LX/OS can 100% dumped with 3x but even that can not reach to your desirable fare. LO as you mentioned, was working and can be lower than your target with "unflyable" 1x.

2. in ST, AF/KL work now and then with 1x in other continents, but can be lower than your target.

3. In OW, JL/RJ/AB dumpable but except schnelle Nordroute, none of them can be as low as what you want.

I guess you do not want to fly some 1x far away, so maybe you should re-think you budget or wait for some old tricks/deal/fare rules coming back. And my suggestion is keeping your eyes on various routes to find good bf deals with EoE permission, then most of times the old tricks will somehow also work on that.

I think most of people in this thread do not count on the tricks for one particular trip. What we really do is "if there is a really good fare popping out, grab it. If I have to travel with some route in specific time, reduce my cost as much as possible." In general, you cannot require both simultaneously -- specific travel date and destinations/really good trick, except you are luck enough.

Originally Posted by Alex100i
I was collecting the pieces for several weeks, asking help to the FTers..

A/CA could be dumped by 50% using a 3x
B/Vielfotzetrick wrote that C2-Sushi could be had for 223 € using a 1X
C/Chopin-Old Brit Empire now Red Dragon, was working but with a 1X in the US (or C4)
D/The Dutch lady dumped between the 2 cities in the desert, as X3 is said to dump some DL fares, from US to Asia and C2-C4
E/The Polish forum told me to try 1X in C6, ITA and popular OTA, dumps some C2-C3.
F/China was 179€, using 1X outside Eur, maybe with *bookers.de or *bookers.fr

Neverthenless, I still can't find a good fare C2-C3East under 300 US$ all in
Any suggestion?