FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Same day Standby Procedure for Domestic [BA Avios] Award Flight?
Old Oct 18, 2013, 6:54 am
aamilesslave

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by Apieinthesky
Can you clarify? Do you mean that you made a reservation for ORD-BOS (not award) for a seat on the flight you want, and put it on hold?

If that's the case, you likely had to book full fare Y/B, in which case you would likely be above all PLTs and GLDs on the upgrading list, thereby getting you the upgrade (free of charge, as well, since you were on a Y/B fare)
It doesn't matter if the booking was a discount fare a full fare. The upgrade will clear if within the upgrade window and there is X inventory. Since the upgrade cleared, no one else is on the upgrade list within the upgrade window - for example if this occurred between 24-72 hours, there are no other EXP or PLT currently on the upgrade list; if within 24 hours, no one including EXP/PLT/GLD are currently on the upgrade list. I suspect the OP did this booking between 24-72 hours, and GLD has not yet cleared.

But I agree, on an award ticket, the OP has no shot of getting a seat in F.

My advice - check in at 24 hours for the original flight for placement on the standby list.