FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Update on our Airbus Reconfigurations (Seats, Entertainment, Channel 9, etc.)
Old Oct 12, 2013, 9:51 pm
anc-ord772

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Before FRA-SFO last week I had not used UNITED provided IFE in a very long time (save the moving map). I stopped listening to channel 9 a couple years ago. These changes will not affect me.

I have an iPad. I recognize that most people don't. UNITED is investing and preparing for the fleet they think makes sense for the next 5-10 years. This is going to cause disruption which will hurt UNITED in the short term. I'm not sure how the story will play out in the long-term. This is another of many examples of UNITED choosing the road less traveled and perhaps thinking they are the smartest guys in the room.

Personally I think it's a very myopic mindset (or groupthink) that believes only streaming is the best and prudent entertainment option, but I don't run an airline. UNITED (Jeff) has admitted that too much change too quickly and the results of was a lesson learned, yet I don't see it. Seems like as long as I am in F or row 7, life will go on. YMMV.