FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Now 20k] 30,000 Miles US Bank LANPASS Visa (48K Kilometers)
Old Oct 12, 2013, 6:22 pm
alaskantraveler

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Gold
Confirmed: 40,000 mile offer is actually 64,400 km offer

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
They issue a few small namers, and almost all of them are 20k miles 1st purchase. The LAN card was 20k 1st purchase before, but this offer is way better (limited time)!

I think it's safe to say it's 40,000 "km" from their program. You can use these to book Star Alliance flights (AA, etc.), or use on LAN. If I'm not mistaken, LAN does distance based awards? I've never booked an award with my LAN account, and unfortunately, this offer expires before my credit report will allow me to apply really :/ Might gamble with it, but being US Bank, I doubt my chances would be high.

& yes this offer is much better than their usual 20k LAN km's 1st purchase.
I just called and spoke with customer service at US Bank regarding the LanPass 40k mile offer. His notes showed that the 40k miles converted at 1.61 km per mile so 64,400 km for this offer! With the minimum spending requirement of $5k you would receive a total of 72,450 km. Seems like a pretty good credit card if you are getting 1.61 km for every dollar spent! Almost seems too good to be true.

I would apply for the cc right now if I didnt already have 2 other US bank CCs and one I just got 2 weeks ago. Anyone have experience with multiple US bank CCs?