Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[Now 20k] 30,000 Miles US Bank LANPASS Visa (48K Kilometers)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2013, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: All of em...

**Says it expires Oct 15th**
**People approved for lower version of card receive fewer miles, but still a lot more than the normal offer**

Pays to read Spam email. Link to a "Special Fall Offer" on the US Bank LANpass Visa card:
1st Landing page - http://www.lan.com/en_us/sitio_perso...nt=BOT_IZQ_L_T

2nd Landing Page:
http://uat-www.lanpassvisa.com/credi...=19583&lang=en

"Earn up to 40,000 Bonus Miles with this special offer! You’ll receive up to 30,000 Bonus Miles with your first purchase and an additional 10,000 Bonus Miles when you spend $5,000 within the first 120 days of Account opening, with your LANPASS Visa Signature Card.

New Cardmembers also receive:
First Use Bonus Miles
Up to 20% off (up to $1,000 maximum) your first LAN or TAM purchase one time per year
Up to 4,000 Annual Renewal Bonus
$0 Introductory Annual Fee† the First Year, thereafter $25-$75†
And just for LANPASS Visa Signature® Cardmembers:
Double miles on LAN and TAM purchases
25% flight bonus when flying on LAN
3 upgrade coupons each year

Terms:

1 One-time new LANPASS Visa Cardmember First Use Miles will be awarded when you pay your annual fee or use your card for purchases. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for First Use Miles to be credited to the primary cardmember’s LANPASS Mileage account. LANPASS Visa Card must be open and in good standing at the time of the Mileage award. This offer is valid for new LANPASS Visa Card accounts only. Previous accounts closed within the last 12 months will be reopened and no First Use Bonus Miles will be awarded. This offer may not be combined with any other enrollment offer.
If you are eligible, you will receive the LANPASS Visa Signature® card. LANPASS Visa Signature Cardholders will receive 30,000 First Use bonus miles when the first purchase is made. If you are not eligible for the LANPASS Visa Signature® card, you will be considered for the LANPASS Visa® card. LANPASS Visa® Cardholders will receive 15,000 First Use bonus miles when the first purchase is made. If you are not eligible for the LANPASS Visa® card, you will be considered for the LANPASS Visa Secured card. LANPASS Visa® Secured Cardholders will receive 10,000 First Use bonus miles when the first purchase is made. The Secured card requires a minimum deposit of $300 provided by the cardmember that will be held in a security deposit account. Full details of the Secured card will be provided upon qualified status.

2 Spend net $5,000 on your LANPASS Visa Signature Card within the first 120 days of Account opening and receive an additional 10,000 Bonus Miles. This benefit is not valid for the LANPASS Visa Card or LANPASS Visa Secured Card. Bonus miles will be credited to your Account 6 to 8 weeks after the 120 day period. Your Account must remain open, have available credit and be current (no minimum payment pay due) to qualify.

3 Cardmembers will receive a discount each year on their first LAN Airlines, TAM Airlines or their Affiliated carriers’ purchase transaction made with a LANPASS Visa Credit Card: 10% discount for LANPASS Visa Cards and 20% discount for LANPASS Visa Signature Cards. Discount applies to qualified purchases directly from LAN Airlines, TAM Airlines, their affiliated carriers, LAN.com or tamairlines.com. Affiliated carriers include LAN Peru S.A., Aerolane, Lineas Aereas Nacionales del Ecuador S.A. d/b/a LAN Ecuador, LAN Argentina S.A., and any other related carrier that joins the LANPASS program. Only applicable to ticket purchases on lan.com, through LAN’s Call Center and Sales Offices, tamairlines.com, as well as travel sites, partners and wholesale travel brokers holding a promotional agreement with US Bank. For travel sites, partners and wholesale travel brokers holding a promotional agreement, please contact your travel agent. The discount will appear automatically as “LAN Discount“ on the cardmember’s LANPASS Visa Card statement no later than the second billing cycle following the date of the transaction. This discount will be applied annually and will be renewed each calendar year. The maximum discount per year is equal to $500 for the LANPASS Visa Cards and LANPASS Visa Secured Cards and $1,000 for the LANPASS Visa Signature Card. The LANPASS Visa Card Account must be open and in good standing at time the discount is applied.

4 LANPASS Visa Signature Cards receive 2 miles for every $1 in net purchases (purchases minus credits and returns)charged for qualified tickets purchased directly from LAN Airlines, TAM Airlines, their affiliated carriers, LAN.com or tamairlines.com. Affiliated carriers include LAN Peru S.A., Aerolane, Lineas Aereas Nacionales del Ecuador S.A. d/b/a LAN Ecuador, LAN Argentina S.A., and any other related carrier that joins the LANPASS program. . Only applicable to ticket purchases on lan.com, through LAN’s Call Center and Sales Offices, tamairlines.com, as well as travel sites, partners and
wholesale travel brokers holding a promotional agreement with U.S. Bank. For travel sites, partners and wholesale travel brokers holding a promotional agreement, please contact your travel agent. Your LANPASS Visa Signature Card must be used to make the purchase of a LAN, TAM or their Affiliated carriers’ flight in order to be eligible for the double miles. The first mile credits per dollar spent will automatically appear on your LANPASS Visa statement as Purchase Miles and the second mile credits will appear as Double Miles on the same statement. The LANPASS Visa Signature Card Account must be open and in good standing at time of any Mileage credit.

5 LANPASS Visa Signature Cardmembers will receive a flight mileage bonus of 25% in additional miles above the actual miles accrued on every LAN or its Affiliate carriers’ flight. For example, if a cardmember accrues 6,000 miles, the cardmember will receive 1,500 extra miles. To renew this benefit, the cardmember must have net spending of at least $15,000 each calendar year. For information regarding LANPASS Flight Bonus benefit, please visit www.lan.com/LANPASS.

6 LANPASS Visa Signature Cardmembers will receive three one-way Upgrade Coupons every year to be used by the cardmember. The Upgrade Coupons will appear in cardmember’s LANPASS account upon eligibility and may be viewed at www.lan.com/LANPASS. To renew this benefit, the cardmember must have net spending of at least $15,000 each calendar year. Upgrades must be redeemed at the airport counter at check-in time. Upgrade coupons are subject to space availability, and some routes may require more than 1 coupon and the payment of a minimum fare. For information regarding LANPASS upgrades coupon requirements, please visit www.lan.com/lanpass.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 8:56 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
Hmm, seems like US Bank wants to become a big player in this segment now...
Old Sep 24, 2013, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jamar
Hmm, seems like US Bank wants to become a big player in this segment now...
One can only hope. Now if they'd just start making these offers not limited time but always high.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 9:11 am

I don't think I've ever seen it mentioned in this forum, but apparently USBank issues credit cards with Avianca-Taca as well as with Korean Air. I don't know if there are any noteworthy bonus offers, but it's nice to have more options.

Too bad USBank is a little on the stingy side when giving out approvals.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 1:30 pm

Sorry if this is a remedial question but it looks like the majority of LAN's product is quoted in "LAN Kilometers" such as in this link:
http://www.lan.com/en_us/lanpass/ace...rld_canje.html

What do the miles in this offer translate to in their internal "kilometers" speak? Is this a traditional calculation of 40,000 miles = 64373.8 KM? Or is this an offer for 40,000 KM? It's a little confusing considering the language on the offer is clearly Miles.

I've redeemed AA points for LAN products and it has been good for short hauls in South America. Is that the ideal use of these? Is this a good offer comparative to those that have shown up for sign up bonuses in the past?
Old Sep 25, 2013, 5:05 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by aarif1
I don't think I've ever seen it mentioned in this forum, but apparently USBank issues credit cards with Avianca-Taca as well as with Korean Air. I don't know if there are any noteworthy bonus offers, but it's nice to have more options.

On the other hand, they're pretty much the only choice if you want a secured CC that earns airline miles (I used to have the Korean Air secured Visa). Good choice for those new to the game.

They're also pretty much the only issuer in the US that issues secured EMV credit cards (unless BofA does theirs secured too?)
Old Sep 26, 2013, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

They issue a few small namers, and almost all of them are 20k miles 1st purchase. The LAN card was 20k 1st purchase before, but this offer is way better (limited time)!

Originally Posted by breef
Sorry if this is a remedial question but it looks like the majority of LAN's product is quoted in "LAN Kilometers" such as in this link:
http://www.lan.com/en_us/lanpass/ace...rld_canje.html

What do the miles in this offer translate to in their internal "kilometers" speak? Is this a traditional calculation of 40,000 miles = 64373.8 KM? Or is this an offer for 40,000 KM? It's a little confusing considering the language on the offer is clearly Miles.

I've redeemed AA points for LAN products and it has been good for short hauls in South America. Is that the ideal use of these? Is this a good offer comparative to those that have shown up for sign up bonuses in the past?
I think it's safe to say it's 40,000 "km" from their program. You can use these to book Star Alliance flights (AA, etc.), or use on LAN. If I'm not mistaken, LAN does distance based awards? I've never booked an award with my LAN account, and unfortunately, this offer expires before my credit report will allow me to apply really :/ Might gamble with it, but being US Bank, I doubt my chances would be high.

& yes this offer is much better than their usual 20k LAN km's 1st purchase.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 5:12 pm
Suspended

+1
Old Oct 12, 2013, 6:05 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Gold
I am going to backpack in S. America with my gf for 4 months beginning in January '14. This sounds like it would be a great cc for short haul direct flights in S. America. Likely more availability than using partner miles through AA or BA.

I would apply right now, but I just signed up for the US Bank Club Carlson Business CC 2 weeks ago. They only gave me a $1000 spending limit. Will this affect my chances of being approved for the LanPass cc? I also have the club carlson personal visa which I received 9 months ago. At that time I was not approved for the premier card; i got the lesser offer with only 60,000 points and only a $500 credit limit. my credit score is 730. Any thoughts? I definitely do not want to get declined or approved for the lower offer which only gives you 15,000 miles.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 6:22 pm

Confirmed: 40,000 mile offer is actually 64,400 km offer

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
They issue a few small namers, and almost all of them are 20k miles 1st purchase. The LAN card was 20k 1st purchase before, but this offer is way better (limited time)!

I think it's safe to say it's 40,000 "km" from their program. You can use these to book Star Alliance flights (AA, etc.), or use on LAN. If I'm not mistaken, LAN does distance based awards? I've never booked an award with my LAN account, and unfortunately, this offer expires before my credit report will allow me to apply really :/ Might gamble with it, but being US Bank, I doubt my chances would be high.

& yes this offer is much better than their usual 20k LAN km's 1st purchase.
I just called and spoke with customer service at US Bank regarding the LanPass 40k mile offer. His notes showed that the 40k miles converted at 1.61 km per mile so 64,400 km for this offer! With the minimum spending requirement of $5k you would receive a total of 72,450 km. Seems like a pretty good credit card if you are getting 1.61 km for every dollar spent! Almost seems too good to be true.

I would apply for the cc right now if I didnt already have 2 other US bank CCs and one I just got 2 weeks ago. Anyone have experience with multiple US bank CCs?
Old Oct 12, 2013, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alaskantraveler
I just called and spoke with customer service at US Bank regarding the LanPass 40k mile offer. His notes showed that the 40k miles converted at 1.61 km per mile so 64,400 km for this offer! With the minimum spending requirement of $5k you would receive a total of 72,450 km. Seems like a pretty good credit card if you are getting 1.61 km for every dollar spent! Almost seems too good to be true.

I would apply for the cc right now if I didnt already have 2 other US bank CCs and one I just got 2 weeks ago. Anyone have experience with multiple US bank CCs?
Wow! That is still 48,300 LAN Pass km's after 1st purchase if you can't make the $5k spend as well! Not bad at all!!
Old Oct 13, 2013, 12:45 pm

my problem with LAN miles is I can never seem to use them, like ever.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 6:57 pm

Looks like there is a referral bonus for the Lanpass cc. Not sure if it is available for the 40K offer, but might be worth the try. Anyone have experience with this? My gf and I are planning on applying for the cc tomorrow.

http://www.lanpassvisa.com/credit/referAFriend.do

Last edited by alaskantraveler; Oct 13, 2013 at 6:58 pm Reason: forgot url
Old Oct 13, 2013, 9:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by alaskantraveler
Looks like there is a referral bonus for the Lanpass cc. Not sure if it is available for the 40K offer, but might be worth the try. Anyone have experience with this? My gf and I are planning on applying for the cc tomorrow.
The referral link seems to be for the standard 20K offer.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 2:04 pm

Need Referral for the 40K offer

Originally Posted by KennyBSAT
The referral link seems to be for the standard 20K offer.
So I called customer service and it appears that the referral bonus should be eligible for the 5000 point referral bonus for each person. Anyone out there have the LanPass Visa Signature Card? Need a Full Name and LanPass number. Send me a PM. I should be able to get you at least 10,000 points maybe even 20k. for me my parents and my gf. Need it today as the deadline for apply for the cc is tomorrow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.