FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Seasons Punta Mita or Four Seasons Costa Rica
Old Oct 10, 2013, 6:58 am
Valveking

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Originally Posted by declinespecificinformation
Since you are traveling with kids, a villa rental at Punta Mita could also be a good option. Villas in PM are on a whole different scale than the FS (or SR) properties.

The golf course in Mexico is better, as is local food. Activities (e.g., river ride with monkeys and alligators) in Costa Rica seemed like a little more fun, though than the boat ride, dolphin swim, surfing that you'd do with the family in PM.

I wouldn't worry about hotel quality since they are both nice enough, and if you want something spectacular, a villa in Punta Mita would be the only option.

The only AAA 5* restaurant is at the StR. Not sure how it's kept that rating. Fresh handmade tortillas and fresh seafood in town was vastly superior in my opinion.
The villas are awesome, but unlike Hualalai, they don't come with hotel amenities. That would be a big downside of renting one I think although they all have gorgeous pools.

I have no idea how that restaurant at the St Regis has a five star rating. If that is the case, it is wildly overrated. I agree on the fresh Mexican food in town being much better and the OP is going to several of the better ones.