FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PHX Sky Harbor Pick-up
View Single Post
Old Oct 7, 2013, 3:20 pm
jerseyfinn

Programs: AA MARRIOTT Lifetime Plat Premier ; Marriott Vacation Club
PHX Sky Harbor Pick-up

Flying out with a friend in a week to PHX from where we will go up to Sedona to get some hiking in. I've been to PHX many times doing the car rental pick-up drop off routine. But on this trip, I fly in the night before & will stay at the Marriott airport hotel on 44th St. & my buddy arrives the next morning ( a Saturday ) @ 9A T4 via US Air.

I'm trying to figure out the easiest pick-up routine to retrieve my buddy & get on the road to Sedona. My least favorite idea is to try to find him in the curbside arrivals as it's a bit confusing for one not driving the airport regularly -- he himself is not too familiar with the airport. I'm considering the cell phone lot at the Sky Train station as I need only drop down 44th and park and wait for him. As I understand, he would pick up his checked bags downstairs in T4 and go upstairs to catch the Sky Train. I would know how to navigate from 44th to I-10/ I-17 from there.

My other thought is to tell my friend to catch the car rental bus to the rental center and meet me there. I think they have a place to park there where I could wait for him and he would go inside the building and he would go down one level from the kiosks to find me. It's just 1 1/2 blocks from there to the I-10/I-17 on ramp. Any pros or cons to either of these ideas?

thx

yeah I know I mis-spelled sky harbor, but can't figure out how to change the title after I post

barry