FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Accor master lounge thread (not Sofitel)
View Single Post
Old Oct 4, 2013, 6:19 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I hope I'm not stepping on anybody's toes...
Not in the least. This is precisely what I was hoping for: get up in the morning and see that the thread has started to take shape while I slept.

Originally Posted by starflyergold
yes, and everybody can add directly to the wiki, no need for a normal post
True up to a point, boss. I'd say that "normal" posts still have their place -- for detailed reviews, for links and possibly even photos (just don't start taking them while I'm in the lounge...), for reports of closures or new lounges in the pipeline. A "normal" post also lets thread subscribers know that there's something new. Finally, if everybody added everything to the wiki it would get rather long.

I'm guessing that we'll end up with a lounge list in the wiki, with links to hotel websites and/or FT posts with more details. We can also edit the first and second posts occasionally, in order to keep the wiki to a manageable length. My initial idea was that post 2 could summarise reports on lounge access being granted (or denied) to Platinum members. Time will tell whether it makes most sense to order that information by brand or by continent/country.