Old Sep 29, 13, 8:41 am
rankourabu
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sjhanlon View Post
I've had some great service from the Concierges over the years. And some not so great service. The big thing for me was being able to get a hold of someone who could help in IROPS. It was a big worry of switching to United; however, that has been one of the best surprises at United. I've gotten better service from agents in the United Club or even just check-in. I believe it for one simple reason - they are not terrified of getting in trouble from management. I've had them move me into F, J Y and B fares to make sure I get to my destination. Send me to different cities and pay for ground transportation so I can make a meeting. Take an earlier flight or later flight at no charge. Every time I asked the concierge something it was "I'm going to get in trouble for doing that". BTW - I'm not asking United to do something they shouldn't. They are offering up these options. Same with AC. I just asked to get to my destination.
shhhhhhh... can we just continue to let AC SE's believe that the concierge is a benefit that other airlines dont provide.

The UC agents are the best. Oh your flight to BUF is delayed by an hour, we'll just send you to YYZ.. No charge. No hassle.