Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

How long before the Concierge Service is gutted?

How long before the Concierge Service is gutted?

Old Oct 3, 2013, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by mevlannen
There are two things that keep me on AC mainline: one is the excellent safety record (which we often fail to credit properly) and the second is the Concierge Service. I rather doubt that AC will gut that service, simply because it does help keep customers, like myself, coming back.
wut?? AC is no safer than any other *G airline.

Go to www.avherald.com and see how many times AC flights end up with equipment trouble. Here's a hint...there's nothing special safety-wise about AC. So that point is entirely moot.

In regards to the concierge, you only really need it when your have IRROP or need some urgent assistance transferring gates, etc. How often does that happen to you...?

I am a bottom feeding 75K who qualifies mainly on segments (meaning, I take way more flights than the average 75K or even SE) and I have only rarely had negative experiences with United or US..and AC is certainly no shining star in that department.

I do prefer AC as well, but it's mainly so that I can use eUps. In all other respects, AC is...average.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by MaydayMayday
I do prefer AC as well, but it's mainly so that I can use eUps. In all other respects, AC is...average.
I dont think so.

FOUR STAR.. rah rah.. concierge... rah rah.. SUPER elite... BEST AIRLINE...

Old Oct 3, 2013, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
In regards to the concierge, you only really need it when your have IRROP or need some urgent assistance transferring gates, etc.
Fully agree.

How often does that happen to you...?
In 2012, on every second trip on average. Mind you, most of my trips are intīl involving connections, but I lost track of the number of delays I experienced last year, fortunately ACīs on-time performance has greatly improved since then, at least on the flights I took this year.

Overall the concierge teams did an excellent job at taking care of me and itīs one of the benefits I value most.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.