FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LH/LX/LO/OS/SN/OU economy class food
View Single Post
Old Sep 28, 2013, 6:40 am
LH4116

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RTW1

Most people also do seem to spend some money at the airport. Nobody seems to mind that much spending money on overpriced drinks like Starbuck's coffee but a sandwich is suddenly too big an expense. And please don't tell me everybody on those flights is suddenly hungry..... it's perfectly fine to go a few hours without eating something :-).
Well having had ARN as my home airport for many years, a triangle sandwich + a 20cl coffee and a small bottle of juice will set you back around €15. That is the equivalent of lunch for 2 people in central Stockholm. Flying through ARN on a regular basis would essentially mean filing for personal bankruptcy if one had to eat there all the time.

Seeing the fact that ARN has set such a bad example, I have always refrained from buying anything from the airport eateries. Most of the times I make sure to eat before heading to the airport, or eat at landside which is usually cheaper at ARN.

But I agree with you, nowadays I don't care that much about what's served onboard since I've most likely already eaten something in the lounge. A drink would be adequate enough on a short haul flight.