FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Club changes (drinks and Wifi) - Sept/Oct. 2013
Old Sep 24, 2013, 1:54 pm
shortkidd

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K/2MM, Marriott Platinum Premier Lifetime
Originally Posted by Hill713
I sent an email 2 weeks ago, got the normal canned response....

Dear Mr. XXXXXXX

We’re always glad to hear from Premier Platinum members like you. I'm sorry that it is because of your disappointment with the changes to the United Club lounges.

Blah, blah, blah...

Reading through this thread it doesn't appear that anyone has gotten anything more than that back from UA. Assuming UA sticks with this policy, no way am I renewing. I actually pay out of pocket for the membership. I will just go to the bar and expense my meals going forward.

Basically the only thing drinkable at the UC is a bloody mary because it kills the taste of the rock gut vodka they are serving. Now it is 9 bucks to have them top off your coffee with some Baileys.

If UA was at least honest to its customers about the changes it would be one thing, but PROMOTING this change under the guise of a new Premium Beverage Service is simply a slap in the face to anyone with a triple digit IQ.

I am gonna chop up my Presidential Platinum Card and switch over to a Hotel rewards card.

If UA wanted to add value to their members, and add new revenues, serve real food at a cost. I'd buy something nearly every time I was in there if it was an option.

At the rate they are going, I am waiting for them to start charging to use the stalls in the bathroom. Urinals are free, but the stalls will fall under their new Premium Bathroom Service.

Again....another change you will like.