FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Newly promoted GGL; Just tried using a joker and was told no, is this normal
Old Sep 17, 2013, 12:29 pm
ALEX2575

Programs: Ba ggl, ccr
Thumbs down Newly promoted GGL; Just tried using a joker and was told no, is this normal

Hi all

Thanks to the help and tips from this site (including the Dub - GCM tier point run recommendation) I got my GGL membership through last week.

I just tried to use a GGL joker for a ticket to Munich next weekend (availability still showing more than 9 seats in club in revenue bookings online for the flight I wanted in 10 days time) and was told that they could not free up the 1 seat I asked for on avios as there were no more avios seats and they only had a couple of revenue seats left... after protesting that my understanding of the key beneift of GGL was the conversion of revenue tickets to avios twice a year I was still told this would not be possible as there weren't many seats left in revenue. Surely if they still have over 9 seats on a club europe flight there must be space as thats two and a half rows of seats...

Has anyone had this experience before? This seems like poor form given I'm asking for a ticket in 12 days within Europe and have proven my loyalty and business value to BA.

I tried calling back to see if I had different luck with a different operator but (potentially as a sign of fate) I got the same operator again who reiterated the position and refused when i asked for a manual request to revenue management

Any tips would be greatly appreciated as on principle if nothing else I'd like to actually use this hard earned benefit that is so often quoted.

Many thanks

Alex