FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FHR Upgrades and Amenities [except Las Vegas] 2013 - 2016
Old Sep 17, 2013, 11:07 am
ffsim

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Rocco Forte Villa Kennedy in Frankfurt

Booked a "Deluxe King" and was upgraded to a "Deluxe Garden View King" at check-in.
Didn't need an early check-in, but they initially assigned me to an occupied room. Walked in to find a mess indicating the room was definitely not vacant. They apologized profusely and found me another one very promptly.
Breakfast was awesome; pretty much anything you wanted from either the a la carte menu or the buffet. The buffet was valued at 34 euros and included eggs made-to-order. Really delicious.
Used late check-out although they called around 1pm to ask me if I wanted to use it despite indicating it at check-in.
The special amenity is an 85-euro food and beverage credit which they strictly applied to non-alcoholic beverages only (unlike their sister property in Prague, which applied it to anything at all).

Bottom line: exceptional staff, beautiful building and facilities, nice rooms. HORRIBLE wifi at 20 euros/day, they dropped the ball a little too often for a Rocco Forte property, and the location isn't so great. It's not necessarily far from town (I took several walks into various parts of town) but it's not exactly in the heart of the action.

I'll definitely stay at Rocco Forte properties again in the future, but this experience didn't really "wow" me as I expected.