FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Like" Button?
Thread: "Like" Button?
View Single Post
Old Sep 17, 2013, 3:12 am
jackal
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I might buy into everything you've mentioned, except I disagree that whichever response has the most likes means it's a correct answer. It could be wrong & if you have folk who don't know any better they'd like it blindly. I actually saw that happen in MP a few times (people posting entirely wrong information & people liking the posts ), which is one reason I don't really pay much attention to like.

I'm not set in stone one way or the other on this issue. But I think like supporters are being naive if they think having like will eliminate plus +1s entirely.

Cheers.
I would "like" your post. I wouldn't "+1" it.

Or, on a more serious note, "like" means I think your comment adds value to the discussion, even if I don't necessarily agree with it. "+1" signifies agreement. They are different.

Getting many of my posts "liked" has certainly made me feel good about posting on MilePoint, which in turn incentivized me to post more good information.

Of course, it would be even more motivation--and motivation to visit there more often, as it's been awhile since I've been over there--if I could actually do something with the status points generated by likes, like convert them to miles or something.