FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Club changes (drinks and Wifi) - Sept/Oct. 2013
Old Sep 15, 2013, 5:59 pm
DCEsquire

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by iahphx

But that theory is limited to not allowing pro rata refunds on membership fees from unhappy Club members. I don't think anyone can contest UA's right to serve whatever swill they want in their Clubs. But if you paid for something better than this swill, and you're dissatisfied with the new selections, it seems like you should be able to cancel your membership and get back the unused portion. I mean, that's only fair. Right?
Actually, I'm very interested if anyone has successfully gotten a pro-rata refund. Normally I would say that this would be a highly likely remedy except J$ being the crafty lawyer that he is essentially got you to agree to pay him without him giving you a guarantee that you will get anything in return.

According to the TOS:

United reserves the right to modify pricing, benefits, services, hours, club locations and reciprocal lounge agreements at any time with or without written notice to its members and customers.

http://www.united.com/cms/en-us/prod...nitedclub.aspx