FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR / London Heathrow Int'l. T3 BA First & Galleries Club Lounges (master thread)
Old Sep 15, 2013, 3:18 pm
MarkedMan

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by brp
Because we have no interest in trying something inferior just to try it when there are known better options available. The food/drink in the BA F lounge fit the way we eat better than the other places (noodles, while they can be tasty, just don't work for us from a healthful eating standpoint). So, we just stay with the best option for us rather than traipsing about to lounges of less quality (for our tastes).

In our case, that's way.

Cheers.
It's a tad more difficult at lunchtime these days, since the GF lounge is pretty empty then and there is no self serve hot food any longer. The menu has a salmon dish that is good and healthy and cold cuts and cheese are of good quality, but it's not what it used to be. Breakfast is much better, with Qantas flights in the morning bringing more of a crowd, the self serve is back to more or less pre-BS transition and they still have kippers and poached egg, my fave. CX and AA have more prosaic food on offer and even for me noodles are not what I want before a flight.

Champagne in the BA GF is transitioning to lesser known brands, such as Castelnau, for both the rose and the regular, apparently. When I was there this last week both times it was Castelnau Rose, but still the Taittinger 2005 as well. LPGS is a distant memory.

And the last BA LH flight (to BKK) will leave T3 soon, too. That being the case I wonder how long this lounge will remain for T3 in its current form. Certainly the BA flights now are fewer and fewer ...