FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No MQD for Delta Vacations flights
View Single Post
Old Sep 12, 2013, 1:20 pm
jrkmsp

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by KevinDTW
Apologies if this has been discussed already, but I was dismayed to discover that DL is not going to give MQD credit for Delta flights booked via Delta Vacations.

I typically take 2 or 3 Delta Vacations package trips each year, and always receive full MQM/mileage credit, including the usual 100% Medallion bonus. Tickets are always 006 and are always in one of the usual economy fare categories, and are on DL birds. For example, a Hawaii trip this summer was an 006 ticket number in the T fare category.

I called the Premium line yesterday and the representative could not give me a definitive answer but said she saw no reason why the flights shouldn't get MQD credit and that the best she could do was refer the issue up the chain. But when I emailed the Medallion Desk I was told definitively there would be no MQD credit because these are "bulk fare" tickets.

I know certain types of tickets including "group/tour" fares will not earn MQD's, but these are 006 tickets in one of the normal fare categories. If this exclusion is going to apply to Delta's own vacation package offerings (I know DV is MLT, but it carries the Delta name), I can't imagine any Medallion booking a trip on DV again. I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this yet and I'd appreciate any additional information or thoughts you guys might have.
I'm pretty skeptical of this answer. I'm sure that's what they said, but I think it's probably not reality.