FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Is OLCI not working?" thread
Old Sep 10, 2013, 6:15 pm
iquitos

Programs: UA Million Mile Gold, Club, AA, Delta, Marriott, Hertz G, A/Club
Thumbs down Online check in

I have had problems checking in online for international flights since the merger. I am invited to do so by mail and by phone. I follow the prompts, enter my data and bag information, then click the button to check in and print boarding but get get an eternal please wait screen. I have talked to the working level IT people about this (useless) and to the res people every time. Today the res person denied there was a problem then tried to tell me it is a glitch today she heard about in a meeting. Sometimes (India) they invoke a TSA hold. I have two passports, both US, one of which I can't use for personal travel. The other passport showed in the check in process today so i changed it as prompted. Both passports are recorded in the my United system profile, both work for TSA pre check and Global entry. I have used both on United international in the recent past. Since the res person could not help me I went back and tried again. This time I said I was undecided about checking a bag so i could skip the how many bags how much do they weigh screen. That got me directly to the boarding pass choices and i opted to have it emailed. The transaction completed without the spinning bed car and plane on a blue background. I got the email but it was not a boarding pass. They want to see my passport first. So the check in is not completed. OK fine tell me that up front but don't invite me down the path and then drop me at the end. The headline on the pdf file I got is: YOU ARE NOT CHECKED IN. What gives? It annoys me I they invite me to do something which in the end is impossible according to their own rules.