FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Club changes (drinks and Wifi) - Sept/Oct. 2013
Old Sep 10, 2013, 2:58 pm
LarkSFO

Originally Posted by west_end_NYC
I'm going to speak with my feet next March when my Pres Plus renewal is due. In addition to comp UC access, the only reason I have been keeping the card (which I switched to solely as a result of Amex Plat getting the ax by the new United) is for the PQM bonus which helps me maintain gold status. I'm sure the PQM benefit are the next ball to drop, but that's another topic.

Charging $9 for a Dewars you can buy in-flight for $7 and $11 for a glass of Mark West Pinot when an entire bottle can be had in any wine shop for around $10 is downright insulting. The premium wine program (i.e. Chateau Montelena, Stag's Leap, etc) was a great value and very fine amenity, but now that's gone too.

More than 75% of my travel is between EWR and PBI and given all the recent changes that I was supposed to 'like', I have been contemplating moving my personal travel to PBI over to Jet Blue, reinstating my Amex Platinum (whose FHR program blows aways Chase's "Luxury" hotel offering), and move my very occasional corporate travel over to Delta and/or American.

I flew in paid F down to PBI last Friday evening - the beef burrito offered for dinner was disgusting, made Chiplotle's seem like a 5 star restaurant, and is far below the quality offered on this route back in the CO days. This coupled with the now instituted UC 'enhancements' are pretty much the nail in the coffin for me.
Which Jetblue club in EWR and PBI will you frequent? Do they have better complimentary alcohol choices?

With United Clubs, you need to become accustomed to PBR, and not travel to PBI...