FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Voting Over, Motion Failed: Close the Travel News Forum
Old Sep 8, 2013, 2:48 pm
kokonutz
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by tom911
I should add that the 2005 vote, IIRC, came about because of news articles posted in the Northwest Airlines forum, and some controversy as to whether they should be posted there or in Newsstand. A separate subforum had been created within the Northwest forum for news articles on a trial basis. If tocook052 is reading he might be more familiar with the history than me.

I guess that could even be put back on the table again as an option---news article subforums for each major forum or just for Travel Buzz. Would a news subforum within Travel Buzz address kokonutz's concerns? I think I could live with it being relocated in that manner.
News articles about United go in the United forum for discussion. News articles about SPG go in the SPG forum for discussion. News articles about miles go in MilesBuzz! for discussion.

'Travel' is the only subject on FT that has a separate forum for news articles discussion from the general topic discussion. There used to be a reason for that (the RSS aspect), but due to a change in moderation policy that distinction no longer exists.

A new forum that is more like the old forum may have merit. But having a separate travel news discussion forum from the travel discussion forum just because we always have seems silly to me. Others may feel differently.

Sorry if I am starting to sound like a broken record.