FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Club changes (drinks and Wifi) - Sept/Oct. 2013
Old Sep 7, 2013, 8:58 pm
Passmethesickbag

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by lensman
Like all businesses, the cost of consumables is but a small part of the cost of providing the service. It's like they tell you on those restaurant makeover shows - if you don't include enough margin, you'll go out of business. Let's compare pre-merger RCC with today. How many drinks did UA think they could give away for free and not lose their shirts on RCCs? Two per international premium class customer. I guess they tried out giving away more and it hasn't worked out for them. Obviously another miscalculation by management based on applying a management technique based on the pre-merger CO demographic to the post-merger UA demographic and having it not work out.

We're seeing the same thing at the company I work at. The management from one side of the house is applying their management instincts to my side of the house and it has resulted in a number of issues for the firm. Ultimately they learned their lesson and are making big corrections.
You mean the other side of the house believes in concepts such as marginal costs?