FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A New Gate Louse Low...
View Single Post
Old Sep 6, 2013, 7:50 pm
danapop

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
A New Gate Louse Low...

So, at YYZ this afternoon heading home to YEG. I was booked on AC117 but J=0 when I got to the airport. (I was early as my afternoon meeting got cancelled). So, I paid the change fee and moved to AC127 two hours earlier. J=3 and the agent said she was pretty sure my eUp would clear.

Got to the gate and brought timbits for the gate crew. I was stuck in Y seat 27E and asked the agent if I didn't clear, I would love a window or aisle if available and he said no prob gave me 24F and 24E was currently vacant - bonus. So now, I could careless if the eup cleared.

Just about to board and a gentlemen was standing in the priority lane to board and I happened to notice is 2010 Elite tag with no altitude tag anywhere. My name was called, upgrade cleared and boarding was just starting so I hopped in line. Mr. 2010 Elite was first and handed his BP and ID to the agent who was very polite and said this is just a priority boarding call and we would begin general boarding in a few moments. He said he is former elite and would like to board and I quote here "I want bin space." She said he would need to wait in line to board when his row was called. He argued for a good 3 minutes and finally the agent just allowed him to board to get the process moving. He was yelling that he was elite once and should be able to board whenever, this is why everyone love westjet, etc etc. It was quite the spectacle.

Honestly, a new low...