FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Discount Codes (many are Corporate)
Old Sep 1, 2013, 7:18 am
austin_modern

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Sorry to exhume this stuff from the grave, but it was all I could find in searching ....

I called Hyatt to book a pricey stay, half the nights on points, half on shekels (figuratively). After I got the points nights, I asked the Hyatt person I was speaking with, in the standard way that one does, "what's the best she could do for me?" on the pay nights. It was a price about 10% higher than the last time I had stayed in the place (and about 4x what I like to pay for a hotel room, but it's a special occasion, and so on).

Done deal, right? Well, later, when I looked at my on-line reservation, it was all there, and the paying nights at the price quoted, but the rate was listed as Senior 62+. Which I'm not. In all the talk with the agent, we never once spoke of my age, or the basis for the price she quoted. When I looked to re-book electronically at something for which I am technically eligible, everything is currently another 10% higher.

I booked in good faith. Am I obligated to point out their error? Risk embarrassment at the desk? Thoughts -- and, especially, experiences -- welcome!
This is why they record customer service phone calls.