Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Discount Codes (many are Corporate)

Old Nov 5, 2023, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Current Global offers:

1- Sep 6 2023 - End of football season 2024: receive 15% off at participating properties with the code GOJALIN15. News release here
2- Nov 3 2023: Earn 2X points and get 5% off. Book by December 5, 2023 for stays completed between Nov 3, 2023, and Apr 30, 2024. Use code STAYNOW to book. 659 participating properties shown here https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ibilities.html

Current local offers:

1- Hotel Figueroa, downtown Los Angeles: Save 20% on stays of three nights or more, and toast to the season with two festive complimentary cocktails from the Holiday Bar Cart; offer code HOLIDA https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ca...fercode=HOLIDA

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Discount Codes (many are Corporate)

Old Aug 17, 2013, 1:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Lifetime, TK E+
Did anybody have any issues lately at Grand Hyatt HK with IBM rate?

Thank you.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by SQ025
Did anybody have any issues lately at Grand Hyatt HK with IBM rate?

Thank you.
Yes Big time issues, I had to have my rate adjusted through a call from HQ as I did not have the proper ID.

They booked me at some ungodly rate when I couldn't provide and then upon validation from the states, I was updated to the rate booked
Old Sep 1, 2013, 7:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Hyatt put me in for senior rate, but ...

Originally Posted by baliktad
Knowingly defrauding a hotel in this manner is not what FT is about. The terms say 62 or above; the policy is not determined by whether they verify or not at checkin. If price is important to you, I would suggest you look into some of the other promos Hyatt is running (some 30% LTO's) or a membership program that offers Hyatt discounts (AAA, Costco).
Originally Posted by alxir
OK, my bad, I tried to withdraw my original question, but can't seem to change the title of my post. I got caught up in all the posts I see for corporate codes being used by people who don't work for the company... I will say in my defense that the minimum age for senior discounts is all over the place with it being as low as 55 at some places and as high as 65 at others. It's easy for an old geezer like me to get confused. Whether claiming a discount code that you're not entitled to raises to the level of fraud is debatable, but your point is well taken. I'm a legitimate member of AAA and Costco, but can never take advantage of the deep discounts which always involve advance purchases because my travel plans can be and are changed unexpectedly by things beyond my control. I have rationalized thoughts of using codes I'm not entitled to because I can't take advantage of the 30% off discount sales which require advance purchase. Also, if I go to the hotel in person and ask for a lower rate because of the rate cap my company has on reimbursing me, they always give it to me. I could probably get the lower rate if I called the hotel also. I prefer to make all my travel arrangements online without begging.

Here's what bugs me the most... Inexperienced travelers walk up to the front desk and ask if there are any vacancies and the front desk staffer says yes, then proceeds to charge them an outrageously high nightly rate. They don't ask the customer if they're members of Costco or AAA where they would save the customer as much as $50/night. Who's defrauding who in that case???

Excuse the rant,,, it's not directed at you. One wrong does not justify another,,, although I guess I'm trying to...
Sorry to exhume this stuff from the grave, but it was all I could find in searching ....

I called Hyatt to book a pricey stay, half the nights on points, half on shekels (figuratively). After I got the points nights, I asked the Hyatt person I was speaking with, in the standard way that one does, "what's the best she could do for me?" on the pay nights. It was a price about 10% higher than the last time I had stayed in the place (and about 4x what I like to pay for a hotel room, but it's a special occasion, and so on).

Done deal, right? Well, later, when I looked at my on-line reservation, it was all there, and the paying nights at the price quoted, but the rate was listed as Senior 62+. Which I'm not. In all the talk with the agent, we never once spoke of my age, or the basis for the price she quoted. When I looked to re-book electronically at something for which I am technically eligible, everything is currently another 10% higher.

I booked in good faith. Am I obligated to point out their error? Risk embarrassment at the desk? Thoughts -- and, especially, experiences -- welcome!
Old Sep 1, 2013, 7:18 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Sorry to exhume this stuff from the grave, but it was all I could find in searching ....

I called Hyatt to book a pricey stay, half the nights on points, half on shekels (figuratively). After I got the points nights, I asked the Hyatt person I was speaking with, in the standard way that one does, "what's the best she could do for me?" on the pay nights. It was a price about 10% higher than the last time I had stayed in the place (and about 4x what I like to pay for a hotel room, but it's a special occasion, and so on).

Done deal, right? Well, later, when I looked at my on-line reservation, it was all there, and the paying nights at the price quoted, but the rate was listed as Senior 62+. Which I'm not. In all the talk with the agent, we never once spoke of my age, or the basis for the price she quoted. When I looked to re-book electronically at something for which I am technically eligible, everything is currently another 10% higher.

I booked in good faith. Am I obligated to point out their error? Risk embarrassment at the desk? Thoughts -- and, especially, experiences -- welcome!
This is why they record customer service phone calls.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 1:39 pm

Want to triple-make sure, will corporate rates qualify for Diamond challenge and Fall promo? It has worked for me in the past with other chains, but I'm new to Hyatt. Thanks so much!
Old Sep 5, 2013, 1:51 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by savekenny
Want to triple-make sure, will corporate rates qualify for Diamond challenge and Fall promo? It has worked for me in the past with other chains, but I'm new to Hyatt. Thanks so much!
almost all corporate rates should qualify. I stay exclusively on corporate rates and get all bonuses, stay credits, etc.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 5:06 am

The Pepsi code for the Park Hyatt Tokyo is ridiculous:

6PM cancellation on the day of arrival??
Old Sep 8, 2013, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by hengestone

Many corp rates have the 6 PM on day of arrival clause.

Keep in mind international places do tend to ask for ID for corp rates.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 3:44 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by edcho
Many corp rates have the 6 PM on day of arrival clause.

Keep in mind international places do tend to ask for ID for corp rates.
Yeah, don't check-in while drinking a coke That could be a dead give away....
Old Sep 11, 2013, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by hengestone

Do you mind sending me the pepsico booking code you used? I travel for them quite often.

Last edited by peteropny; Sep 11, 2013 at 3:46 pm Reason: Removal of quoted pic
Old Sep 11, 2013, 5:52 pm

Government Rate?

Does this mean the Government of the country where the property is? Or any Government?
Logically one can show ID for any Government, right?
Old Sep 11, 2013, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by IncyWincy
Does this mean the Government of the country where the property is? Or any Government?
Employee of the Government.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by IncyWincy
Sure but chances are you won't be asked.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by edcho
Employee of the Government.
My question was Government of WHICH country? Any country or the country where the hotel is situated?

This is very pertinent, eg, I were an employee of the UK Government, can I use this ID to get a Govt rate when staying in Japan? etc etc.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by keirnna
Sure but chances are you won't be asked.
That is beside the point. Chancing it is a different matter altogether.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.