FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How is BQB Lineas Aereas?
View Single Post
Old Aug 29, 2013, 9:02 am
Henry III

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
How is BQB Lineas Aereas?

Hi All,

I am looking for a bit of hopping about between Argentina and Uruguay later on this year, after a work trip to MDQ. I noticed a Uruguayan airline called BQB L.A., which I've never heard of before, that does flights AEP-PDP (P. d. Este) and MVD-EZE.

These trips are good for me, in theory, as I'll arrive in AEP (from MDQ) on AR - with a 90 minute transfer time (assuming AR don't live down to their reputation) and leave from EZE (to AMS, via GIG) 6 hours after the BQB arrival from MVD.

Does anyone have experience with or knowledge of this airline? Specifically, how is their reliability? (I've been warned that AR frequently cancel flights for no apparent reason, so I looked at options). I've noticed that neither Expedia nor FlightStats seems aware of this airline - is that a bad omen?

Should I stick with the safe option of taking overnight stays in BsAs, or put my trust in the BQB/AR 'connexions'?

I know there are other (non-flying) options for travel between BsAs, Montevideo and PdE (busses, ferries, etc.) but I do like flying on different airlines, in the Spirit of FT Adventure.

Any advice is much appreciated.

-- Henry