FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bakersfield Marriott at the Convention Center (California) [Master Thread]
Old Aug 29, 2013, 12:06 am
tom911
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Did one night here last weekend on the way to Las Vegas. Was given a quiet room on the concierge floor (9). As the lounge was closed, I was offered choice of 750 points or buffet breakfast. I selected the breakfast which would ordinarily be $14. Both it and my tip showed up on the bill. The breakfast portion was removed. Strangely, the voucher they gave me said tip was included, but on check-in I was told by the agent it was not, and at the restaurant the hostess told me it was, so not sure really what the policy is here and just paid it so I could depart. I'm normally a Hyatt guest where the tip would be covered for elites on a restaurant breakfast. I have Marriott Gold status.

Area around the hotel looked pretty quiet as there are civic buildings with no weekend activity. Lobby bar was very busy when I arrived around 9p.m. Large parking lot with plenty of outdoor parking at the rear door.

View from 9th floor towards front of hotel: