FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why does everybody hate on the UA BF product?
Old Aug 25, 2013, 10:22 am
spin88

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
For paid C you expect more than what COdbaUA gives you.

For paid Y + GPU it is just smack talk. Sure SQ is better but they are more difficult to access from Y.
I think that this is 100% on target. If you paid for C on UA you are getting ripped off compared to almost all of the competition. Food/drink is substandard, and don't get me started on the [lousy] coffee and equally bad expresso pods they have on the sCO birds.

If you are just looking at the seats, I think it comes down to body type. the sCO seats (especially on the retrofit 763 2-class) are too short with the small footwell, and the shoulder is narrow. I have big feet, wide shoulders and am 6'2" and can't sleep in them. I will not book them. The sUA seats are too narrow, but at least I can sleep on my back in them. Someone who is smaller may like the sCO seat better.

But if you want to pay for Y, get C, then UA or AA are your options.

I might also add that UA is in a low point with many of its elites (and the yeild and revenue numbers clearly show this). While neither seat are horrible (they are both better than the old DL or AA seats that are being pulled now) and the fleet is all lie flat, the decline in soft product and poor treatment in IRROPS and generally of elites impacts peoples percetion of the product overall. This comes at a time when both DL and AA (not to mention other airlines) are working to improve their product. Hard to see any improvement coming at UAL, its a race to the bottom. In every survey that is published UA (and US) are at the bottom and that is reflective of the reality of UAL today.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Aug 25, 2013 at 11:41 am Reason: mind your language, please