FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Maximising the validity when awarding a Partner Gold Card after 4500 TPs
Old Aug 25, 2013, 7:57 am
travelswithmybriefcase

Programs: BA GGL For Life: Hilton Diamond: IHG Platinum
Maximising the validity when awarding a Partner Gold Card after 4500 TPs

Hello All

have a feeling I should know the answer to this but don't.

Have reached 4500 TPs and as a GGL Member the Partner Card I can award is Gold, not Silver. So far so good.

Here is my question:

I am going to give the Partner Card to someone who is already an Exec Club member - actually already a Gold member but who is not going to re-qualify for Gold in their own right.

I believe that once the card is awarded their status would change immediately and they would then be Gold for the balance of their current Membership Year and for the whole of the following year.

In this case the person to who I am going to award the Gold Card has a membership year expiring on Sept 8th, with their card expiring on Oct 31.

So if I award it now, my understanding is that they will be Gold until Sept 8th (end of current Membership Year) and then for 12 months until Sept 8 2014, with their Gold Card then expring on Oct 31 2014.

However if I do nothing now, let them drop to Silver after Oct 31 2013 but then nominate them immediately in their new 'Silver" membership year, am I right in thinking that:

[B]they would then be Gold for the balance of their current Membership Year (until Oct 31 2014) and]then for the whole of the following year (i.e. from Oct 31 2014 to Oct 31 2015?

Hope the above makes sense and would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks