FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dogs allowed in the First Class Terminal. Seriously?
Old Aug 24, 2013, 9:19 am
gooselee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by weero
Originally Posted by DC777Fan
I really don't see the issue...
That is the very problem with animal lovers, they just cannot fathom it. Emotionally, I just don't get it why not everyone loves to be greeted by my flock of parakeets. They love people, they interact with people, quickly remove all the buttons from our shirt only to bring you back the neatly cut off buttons, then they will redesign your hairstyle and ... yes .. once they re finished they will briefly poop on you. But just once and it can easily be removed with the special sheets our house has about 30 dispensers for.

Who could resist such a nice treatment? But still there are people who don't like it. They prefer their buttons and manure-free shirts over the temporary love of a small parrot. It is their choice and not mine to make.
If it's in F, you should have enough personal space to where it doesn't affect you in the slightest (assuming it's well-behaved).
The threshold for "well behaved" is MUCH higher for the animal lover than for the average person and hence not a standard at all.
If it's in C/Y, just ring the call button and say you don't like/are allergic to/cook and serve/etc dogs and they'll re-seat you most likely and somebody who has bigger problems to deal with will take your seat. Somebody might even prefer the company of a dog...
Do you ride Y often? My last 4 coach longhauls were all >100% full. Upon boarding competed, several passengers asked to be reseated for all kind of reasons. In all of the a cases the FAs promised to "look at it after take off" and in none of the cases anyone was reseated.
The FCT is huge. Unless they're allowing the dog to walk along the table and sample the buffet, why can't you just sit somewhere else if you see a dog, or if they come sit near you, politely ask them to find other seats because you don't like/are allergic to/cook and serve/etc dogs? Basic human interaction isn't difficult...
You don't interact with a human, you interact with an animal lover, this can per definition not happen on "common sense" because one sees a filthy drooling slug which wants to infect all food in the room and the other one believes he's giving the returned Messiah a walk through his lowly Earthy realms. Turning away his son-of god-on-a-leash at the lounge will only strengthen his belligerent spirits.
Wow.

Perhaps you had a particularly bad experience in the past, but I think if you gave them a chance, you'd find many other pet owners (and people in general) far more understanding and considerate of others than what your post leads me to believe about you.