FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Update on our Airbus Reconfigurations (Seats, Entertainment, Channel 9, etc.)
Old Aug 23, 2013, 8:36 am
Duke787
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Was on an a320 last night LAX - IAD that is equipped with the new United WiFi and I was generally disappointed with it. I tested it out at the beginning of the flight playing around on united.com (which you can access for free) and while it worked, it certainly wasn't in a hurry. It was priced at 12.99 which isn't awful for a 5 - 5.5 hour flights but if someone was depending on it for streaming content I have close to no confidence that they would've been able to do so. On top of that it seems that mid-way through the flight it stopped working as the gentleman in front of me rang the FAs who informed him there was no way to reset the system and he would need to contact customer care to get a refund (aka he'll never get a refund).

On the plus side it still had the old seats and had channel 9 on so that was a positive. It'd been a very long time since I'd been on an Airbus (only been on a couple this year) and I was reminded why I prefer that seat in E+ over the seats on the 737-XXX