FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buying Money Orders at Walmart(2013-2016)
Old Aug 19, 2013, 7:37 pm
backingitup

Thumbs up

I went to WalMart and used their money kiosk today. I was able to load 3 $200 Vanilla Visa Gift Cards. As a PIN I used the last four digits of each card. I didn't do more than 3 because I read after 3 transactions there could be a compliance warning that must be overridden by an employee. I selected 'Money Card' because there was no Bluebird option. The money orders were disabled on my ATM. There was a very long line to wait to see one of the associates and I didn't want to bother.

Two things about the ATM process, maybe others have noticed this:

1. The first time when I chose money card and swiped my Bluebird card and entered $200 for load instead of asking for my debit card (Vanilla Visa GC) it just said it was giving me a receipt as if a transaction went through. It didn't give me a receipt and instead reset. Then I was able to do the same thing a second time and that time it asked me to swipe my debit.

2. That thing is loud and I couldn't find any way to turn it off. And everyone on the line (6 ft away) could hear all my transactions.

Anyway I guess the articles I've read from googling about Vanilla Visa GC not working at WalMart must be outdated, or maybe it's hit-or-miss.