FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines
Old Aug 18, 2013, 8:52 pm
sbudaj

Originally Posted by alanro
Both of the interview locations in Washington state do not have the iris scanners needed to take your photo so we can use our Nexus cards at Canadian airports. My wife and I scheduled our interviews in Vancouver at the end of December; only one slot was available in Toronto or Fort Erie during the time of our visit in early September. Slightly annoyed at having to wait so long for the interview; on the other hand, the flights to and from Vancouver will get me to 1K on United this year. :-)
You can get your interview in Washington then get your iris scan in Vancouver by walking in. You don't need an appointment in Vancouver to get the scan done. I did my interview in Detroit about 3 weeks ago. Got my. Nexus card then did the iris scans when I went to Vancouver. Walked into downtown Vancouver office and was out in 10 minutes.

Of course I couldn't use the Nexus card to get into Vancouver this time, but I am all set for the next time.