FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KWI-DOH-DXB Airport Advice Needed for UA MR
Old Aug 18, 2013, 4:29 am
mecabq

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by Daringdoo
I am specifically interested in DOH:

If I won't have to go through immigration and no visa is needed, what do you think is the minimum turn around time (UA -> UA)? Also, presumably I'll need time to get the transit desk to print out a boarding pass too.

If I'm in transit, is it ok to do a turn around or do I have to go on to a third country (like pvg)?

Are there other considerations for this turn?
The only issue with DOH is time. You take a bus from the aircraft to the arrivals hall. It doesn't stop at the transit hall, so you have get off at arrivals and wait a short time for the next bus to the transit area, where you go through security, then to the transit desk to check-in, then to the gate for the special "U.S." flights secondary security, then boarding via bus again. You don't need a visa, and should be fine.

The UA flight arrives at a moderately busy time, so the transit security can be long. If you can print your boarding pass beforehand, that would be better, so avoid the typical service incompetence at the transit desk. You could also show the agents greeting the bus at arrivals your onward boarding pass to avoid possible confusion, since it's not typical to transit from the UA flight.