FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Gold Status for just one stay with MasterCard World (AsiaPac only) -Valid July'15
Old Aug 15, 2013, 9:57 pm
Gunnar Smithsen

Programs: A3 Gold, AF/KL Gold, 1865 Voyager, Le Club Platinum, HHonors Gold
[RANT]I signed up for this promotion prior to a stay at the aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral in June this year.

Had issues with the joining process, so emailed SPG customer service for assistance.

I was led to believe that I had been registered for this promotion. However in the email reply from Customer Service, I received T&C's relating to an expired promotion. Emailed back pointing out this error and left it at that.

Last week logged in to the SPG app just to do some future bookings and noticed that my status was still in its original form.

Emailed Customer Service again, advising of my query and asking the process of the application.

Received a reply that it would take 4 weeks after the stay for the "upgrade" to take be activated and another 4-6 weeks for me to receive my new card.

I replied to this email, again, highlighting, the incorrect T&C's for the promotion I had applied for, also noting that the T&C's in the email from SPG was for an expired promotion FWIW the promotion was the "2 days of Happy" promotion. I also mentioned that the stay was back in June and it was now August.

This morning I get another reply informing me that the aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral is not part of this promotion. Well no sh!t sherlock, the promotion expired at the end of 2012!

I've again replied outlining the exact promotion that I was signed up for and highlighted the T&C's of this promotion which do not stipulate particular Starwood properties. The only stipulation being that it be any Starwood property in the Asia-Pacific region be that owned, managed or franchised.

This back and forth is exceptionally frustrating, and almost feel like I'm banging my head up against the wall, going around in circles.

Anyone kind enough to provide an email address other than the catch all email address I'm repyling to?

[/END RANT]