FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Tower of London {GBR}
Old Aug 13, 2013, 11:53 am
diamond club freeloader

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Staying here at present.

It is the well-kept, well-located property that others have reported it to be. The photo TR from BotB (above) is extremely accurate, as ever.

I arrived early so although offered an upgrade to an executive room, preferred immediate check-in to a standard room. But, unfortunately no suite upgrade was on offer, despite at least 3 being apparently available for purchase this afternoon.

Free wifi for all is a nice principle here - though I was unable to get my Macbook on - despite the iPhone and older PC laptop having no trouble. Macbook seemed to think that another user was sharing the IP address and immediately had a tantrum...

The exec lounge is a pleasant enough room serving wine, beer and limited evening snacks 5-8pm. Tea/coffee/soft drinks (as well as a supply of doubletree cookies) available all day. I'll post a few shots of the lounge when I eventually work out how to upload photos. No point in adding photos of anything else here as BotB has covered it all so well with excellent images.

In all, it is a nice hotel, though I would probably prefer to use the Hilton at Tower bridge for future stays in the area.