FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is appropriate compensation? Bad service at Park Hyatt Washington.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 9:36 am
lawyertalk

Programs: AA PLT, DL GM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
What is appropriate compensation? Bad service at Park Hyatt Washington.

Spent a weekend in an Ambassador Suite in the Park Hyatt Washington. On the second day (first full day), I left the room and came back to find maintenance at work fixing one of the motorized shades in the room. Note that I did not at any point ask them to fix the shade. Maintenance was in and out for about three hours (while I was in the room the whole time) before I had to ask them to leave because I had to change and get ready to leave. I came back three hours later to find the original shade still broken and the other two previously working shades in the bedroom now broken and stuck to half open. I had to request maintenance come back to manually put the shades down.

I later found a manager and told him about this poor service experience (as well as the disappointing service on my last stay detailed in the PH Washington master thread) and he apologized but did not offer any specific compensation. I asked for some points and he said he could arrange for that.

What do you think is appropriate compensation for the inconvenience?