FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Welcome" arrivals lounge in FRA
View Single Post
Old Aug 9, 2013, 2:35 am
Wx4caster

Originally Posted by econprof
kanor is right, his bags will be checked through to HAJ, so no worries about 2).

LH 419 will probably come into the Z gates, which means will clear immigration directly at the end of the Z wing. Then head downstairs, walk through baggage claim and through customs (without getting his luggage), then just following the signs to the Welcome Lounge, which is located near the airside exit to the B gates. After enjoying the WL, he can go back upstairs to his connecting flight, which will most likely leave from the A gates. He can even enjoy the business lounge near A13 if he leaves enough time.

Personally, I think the schlepp to the WL is worth it relative to the Business Lounge in Z. If he were *G and could use the Senator Lounge it would be a different story.
econprof, thanks for the details! So, does that mean he doesn't have to clear customs until he reaches his final destination (HAJ)? I just assumed that all had to be done at the point of entry. Sounds like it should be fairly simple. From what I've read about the WL, I would agree it's worth the walk given the long layover. There was a routing option with a 1:25 hr connection, but I figured that was cutting it way too close at FRA. Thanks again!