FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Welcome" arrivals lounge in FRA
View Single Post
Old Aug 9, 2013, 2:14 am
econprof

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
Originally Posted by Wx4caster
After reading through many pages of this tread, I'm still a bit confused on the "Process" to use the WL while awaiting a transfer. If I were headed to FRA, I'm sure I'd just go with the flow and figure it out, but I'm trying to pass along some concise instructions to my brother who has never taken an int'l flight before and is sure to be overwhelmed.

He arrives from IAD around 8:15 in the morning. He has a connection to Hanover departing 1:30pm. He will be traveling in C.

Upon arrival, does he
1) clear customs and immigration
2) collect and recheck bags to HAJ - or does he have to take bags with him to WL?
3) exit airside to WL
4) go back through security to connecting flight

Any help ordering the steps or filling in anything I'm missing would be most helpful, and specifics appreciated. Thanks!
kanor is right, his bags will be checked through to HAJ, so no worries about 2).

LH 419 will probably come into the Z gates, which means will clear immigration directly at the end of the Z wing. Then head downstairs, walk through baggage claim and through customs (without getting his luggage), then just following the signs to the Welcome Lounge, which is located near the airside exit to the B gates. After enjoying the WL, he can go back upstairs to his connecting flight, which will most likely leave from the A gates. He can even enjoy the business lounge near A13 if he leaves enough time.

Personally, I think the schlepp to the WL is worth it relative to the Business Lounge in Z. If he were *G and could use the Senator Lounge it would be a different story.