FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help with SIM card at FRA for iPhone5
View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 2013, 7:06 am
Analise
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by linglingfool
Yes. If convenience trumps cost, then the 5GB you can get from o2 at the airport will be more than enough (the Skype itself wouldn't use more than ~200 MB). The reason I usually don't recommend this route is the cost of calls -- most carriers have reasonable similar data rates, but international calls from the non-discount providers rack up quickly. However, if you're using Skype, that's a moot point.
I have no intention of making calls. Thank you for the reassurance that I'd have enough data to use Skype daily.

Just curious, what is the expiration of the 5GB usage? If I were to return to Germany in 6 months or a year from now and I have no used up the 5GB from this trip, would I still have the remaining data?

Also, let's say that I want to make calls. Since it's a prepaid SIM, how would the o2 store charge me for the calls? Would they keep my credit card on file and charge the credit card as I made calls? Or is the 25€ cost included a set number of prepaid minutes or a fixed amount of money for both calls to the US and calls within Germany? How does this work? Thanks.