FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anantara Vacation Club: Thoughts & Experiences?
Old Jul 27, 2013, 5:50 am
momo333

not worth it

I joined the AVC back in 2011 believing that I had invested myself in a lifetime of wonderful holiday experience. During the sales pitch they seem to promise you everything, selling you a perfect holiday dream for a lifetime (30years). But it's only when you start using the club services and facing so many restrictions, you soon realise that it was a dream that was not gonna come true. They had promised an extensive range of hotels and resorts which you can gain access to through their RCI. Knowing that I was not only stuck to using Anantara and had the option of accessing over "4000" hotels/resorts around the world was the selling point for me. It was only when I tried using their RCI exchange program that I realised all the hotels/resorts was not only hard to book, it was at all the locations which you would never imagine to visit. They are often located far away from the cities, somewhere isolated and secluded. The program itself is not cheap and you have to pay annual club fees to maintain the club services. I should have been more cautious when attending the sales pitch and it's a great lesson to be learnt. I am now stuck with points that I can hardly use and also paying the annual club fee for the remaining 28years. I hope that anyone out there who is considering joining AVC to think twice before joining and remember to ask as many questions as you can to know what you're in for.