Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

Anantara Vacation Club: Thoughts & Experiences?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anantara Vacation Club: Thoughts & Experiences?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2013, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by AnantaraVacationClub
Anantara Vacation Club will also not hesitate to pursue proper and legal actions against those contributors who do not have legitimate and proper grievances yet have been making incorrect and misleading statements in the forum.
What a warm, fuzzy post from you. Not that I ever would have considered doing business with you (or any other timeshare, for that matter), but if I did, I think you would have just completely turned me off. Great way to win new customers.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 11:16 am

Programs: anantara vacation club
It's Mango575 again. The person who said I am writing about Anantara in such a positive light in order to just sell it can believe what they want. I really rather not sell it since I love their properties. And I am not in dire straights. If I don't sell it then I get to enjoy it.

Regarding the other comments about Anantara, it seems that many of the comments come from people who had bad Timeshare experiences with their respective companies and are just venting---it's like cars---they are not all the same.
Also many people don't care for luxury or have convinced themselves they don't like luxury and that's why something like Anantara doesn't appeal to them. Also others just
can't afford it. But please be a little mature and don't take it out on Anantara.
And no, I don't work for Anantara. I actually work for the Marriott which is also second to none and that's why I knew Anantara was also wonderful and close to Marriott.
Please experience Anantara or Marriott or any other timeshare before talking from your "you know where."
Old Oct 11, 2013, 6:55 pm

How many years of taking a 1 week vacation would it take for you to break even! Please include the ever increasing maintenance fees in the calculation.

Does Anantara also have that 1st refusal clause that the Marriott has when one tries to unload a timeshare?
Old Oct 13, 2013, 3:51 am

Programs: anantara vacation club
Anantara

It seems like many who give their two cents in these forums are bitter about
their own personal bad timeshare investments. They buy with a bad company
for an investment smaller than Anantara and expect the world.

As for RCI, yes, I agree it's limited in inventory at many resorts. Let's face
it, you are not going to get the inventory at a Hilton timeshare thru RCI that you
would get if you are actually a Hilton timeshare owner---you normally can't have your cake and eat it too.

It is also true that there are different levels of Anantara. I have the entry level
ownership and I got seven days this past summer staying several days in Seminyac at their resort and two days in Bangkok at their vacation club there
(best food on the sidewalk outside!) and one night in the Anantara Riverside Resort and Spa on the Chao Praya River (just using the ownership hear made it worth it---these rooms rent for about $500 per night or more---check online) I love the Riverside Resort! The rooms are amazing as well as the pool and the cultural entertainment and there is a free boat shuttle every 20 minutes or so to and from the new night market and Asiatique Ferris Wheel across the river.

I kept changing my reservations and did not have a problem. The customer service agents are very nice and patient. And by the way, I did get availability at the Hilton Grand Vacations timeshares here in Hawaii on the
Big Island. I even got availability at the Hilton Hawaiian Village on Oahu but
my dates I could travel were very restrictive. There was much more availability on the Big Island at the Hilton timeshares---and that's thru RCI but using Anantara customer service---very helpful.

If you can't afford Anantara then it's not for you. If you can afford it you will
love it. You can always find a cheaper timeshare but it will not be Anantara quality---you get what you pay for.

Experience Anantara before bashing it because one appears to be very ignorant when they talk about something without really knowing about it or giving it a chance.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 8:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by AnantaraVacationClub
Anantara Vacation Club is very concerned about the claims and allegations made by some of the contributors to this forum. Some contributors may not be Anantara Vacation Club Points Owners and are making potentially misleading and incorrect information regarding Anantara Vacation Club. Anantara Vacation Club takes great care to answer all legitimate inquiries and comments as a priority to strive for the best Shared Ownership Program in Asia. However, for reasons of privacy, confidentiality and civility, we wish to discuss and address issues pertaining to individual cases directly with Club Points Owners and not in a public forum such as this. Please send all comments to [email protected], and we will endeavor to respond within 24 hours. Anantara Vacation Club will also not hesitate to pursue proper and legal actions against those contributors who do not have legitimate and proper grievances yet have been making incorrect and misleading statements in the forum.

WARNING. In Thailand proper legal action means "criminal charge for libel". No kidding! So Anantara is saying: you post something we don't like or we feel damages our business and we will make a criminal complaint against you without hesitation. And here is the cute part: EVEN IF POSTERS WRITE THE TRUTH, but Anantara feels it harms their reputation, YOU CAN BE CHARGED FOR CRIMINAL LIBEL at the sole discretion of Anantara. TRUTH IS NOT A DEFENSE AGAINST CRIMINAL LIBEL CHARGE. Not to mention that if done online you could also be charged with a crime under the "Computer crimes act". And it's easier done than receiving a speeding fine.

No doubt Anantara is already filing papers against Flyertalk. Thailand is notorious for publishers and activists being arrested for libel. Jail time isn't uncommon.

I hope this first time poster gets banned for intimidation. This post has got to be the lowest I have ever seen any company go to "defend" their business interests.

This alone should give rise to anyone who ever would want to invest in a vacation club like that!

Well done PR job.

Last edited by FlyerTalker683455; Oct 13, 2013 at 8:49 am
Old Oct 13, 2013, 8:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mango575
It's Mango575 again. The person who said I am writing about Anantara in such a positive light in order to just sell it can believe what they want. I really rather not sell it since I love their properties. And I am not in dire straights. If I don't sell it then I get to enjoy it.

Regarding the other comments about Anantara, it seems that many of the comments come from people who had bad Timeshare experiences with their respective companies and are just venting---it's like cars---they are not all the same.
Also many people don't care for luxury or have convinced themselves they don't like luxury and that's why something like Anantara doesn't appeal to them. Also others just
can't afford it. But please be a little mature and don't take it out on Anantara.
And no, I don't work for Anantara. I actually work for the Marriott which is also second to none and that's why I knew Anantara was also wonderful and close to Marriott.
Please experience Anantara or Marriott or any other timeshare before talking from your "you know where."
Yes and Marriott's point purchase timeshare is just as hideous and nearly impossible to get out of. I don't have a general beef with Anantara or Marriott (obviously) but the OP asked for opinions. And that's what this board is about. I am sure some people are happy with theirs, but some aren't.

Of course... Doing business with a company (Anantara is part of Minor Corp) who threatens legal action for posting opinions on a talk board is a hard thing to swallow. I guess I just completed my very last stay at Marriott Pattaya (owned by Ananatara's parent company).

Maybe someone from Anantara will come on line here and apologize for that asinine post above ...

Here are some morsels:

AOCAP.ORG reports "The Straits Times published article yesterday, which said that complaints over timeshare and other alternative ownership programs were a leading source of complaints with the Consumer Association of Singapore."

And they complained about proposed new government rules: "Comments from the four industry players said that potential financial fall-out could be enormous if companies were unable to effectively close deals at the time of transaction through a deposit process, as it would allow buyers to easily walk away from deals." (Thephuketinsider.com)

If the deal is so amazing why so many complaints and why would timeshare companies complain about not being able to collect the deposit until five days after the deal is signed of they are confident in their product?

This smells of scam. Mango575 joining and posting seems like an insider job.

Last edited by FlyerTalker683455; Oct 13, 2013 at 10:16 am
Old Oct 10, 2014, 10:24 pm

Anantara Vacation Club - Be Careful and Warned

I was invited for a attractive package for 4 days / 3 nights for $69 which is part of their promotion / marketing package
Only condition was to attend "A Presentation for the Vacation Club Membership" otherwise I will be charged the prevailing staying rates

We attended it and the whole marketing and presentation was impressive and with alot of hard selling but not very unpleasant.

Great place and quite enjoyed my stay

Last edited by Joshua Mony; Oct 10, 2014 at 11:32 pm
Old Oct 16, 2014, 2:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: I travel for fun these days.
I had no idea this post was still going...

Thanks to all who shared their interactions with AVC.

As I said earlier - the Anantara property on the river in Bangkok was a nice place to stay (and I'll even brave the traffic to frequent "Bria", their Italian restaurant) but the encounter I had with the AVC in Indonesia was not pleasant.

Now you've got me wondering if Canada and the US have extradition treaties with Thailand under the Criminal Computer Act with regards to criminal libel... Thanks for the heads-up Allvest and I'll watch my truth spreading in the future.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 11:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DirtyDan
I had no idea this post was still going...

Thanks to all who shared their interactions with AVC.

As I said earlier - the Anantara property on the river in Bangkok was a nice place to stay (and I'll even brave the traffic to frequent "Bria", their Italian restaurant) but the encounter I had with the AVC in Indonesia was not pleasant.

Now you've got me wondering if Canada and the US have extradition treaties with Thailand under the Criminal Computer Act with regards to criminal libel... Thanks for the heads-up Allvest and I'll watch my truth spreading in the future.
I think they only extradite for things that are considered crimes in both countries.

If you want really nice Italina food, go to Spasso (before the 9:30pm arrival of all the working girls there).

They grow their own organic veggies upcountry and take their food quality extremely seriously. I really think it might be the best in Bangkok. A hidden gem right out in the open really.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.