FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Risk of Loss in MS [Consolidated]
View Single Post
Old Jul 25, 2013, 4:17 am
miniaturekat

Originally Posted by MDWCommuter
This is going to sound a little OCD, but you have to train yourself to do things the same way every time until it becomes second nature.

For example, when I'm loading my BB's at the kiosk, I have set steps (unused GCs in right pocket, used in left, wallet, BB, and GC in play in my hands), go thru each and every step with evey gift card before moving on to the next one (place loaded GC in left pocket, grab receipt, pocket receipt, then and only then grab new GC). It has to be a ritual. It's so easy to doze off standing there that you have to hope that your rote memory takes over and alerts you when a step is missed. It's saved me a number of times when the machine misbehaves.

Same thing with every other step and method in your game. Drill it into your brain so that you don't forget a step.

I've also purchased money bags (you know, the old blue plastic thingies) at OD (natch) in which I store stuff that are in various states. Unused gift cards in one. Credit cards in another. Stuff going to the bank in a third. You just have to be super organized and s-l-o-w down - there's no rush. Stop if something seems not right.
+2