FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Waitlist for Award Seats Questions/Issues [ARCHIVE]
Old Jul 21, 2013, 3:10 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by karenkay
i'm sorry to ask a question that's undoubtedly been asked and answered before, but i am (not surprisingly) not getting consistent answers from UA.

if i book ORD-FRA-DEL as a standard award in biz because there's no saver inventory available, can i waitlist for saver? does it matter that one segment is on LH?

if saver inventory comes up for one segment, or two, will the waitlist automagically clear, or do i need to call to make that happen?

will i incur a change fee as a gold for any of this?

thanks in advance. i'm sure the answer is here somewhere, but i'm having a hard time figuring it out.
per award T&Cs

Waitlisting for travel awards is permitted on flights operated by United, and will be automatically confirmed, if the waitlisted cabin is available, based on the status of the account holder. Courtesy waitlists may be requested and held up to 24 hours before itinerary departure. Confirming a Standard Award and waitlisting for a Saver Award is not permitted.
Change award type - Award ticketing options/service fees is a fee event.