FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NYC Limousine / Car Services
View Single Post
Old Jul 19, 2013, 9:14 pm
Rebecca999999

Buyers Beware!

RE: Buyers Beware!

Dear GroundLink:

Regarding my stolen iPad. I understand that GroundLink is not legally responsible for personal items left in a car, however I am disappointed that GroundLink would allow one of its drivers to act in this manner without repercussion. A car service is a premier service where the drivers are expected to operate with integrity. It is impossible to prove whether the driver or the subsequent passenger took the iPad. However, given that the subsequent passenger was dropped off at an airport, according to GroundLink's dispatch when I first reported the item missing, and the fact that the iPad GPS was tracked to a NYC suburb less than 24 hours after the incident, all evidence points to the GroundLink driver. Additionally, it would be hard for GroundLink's driver not to notice a white iPad lying on his black leather car seats.

I have been using weekly car services for more than ten years, the last two of which have been with GroundLink (~$10k year). Over this period, I have sporadically left items in cars by mistake and in all cases the items were immediately returned with the drivers operating with the highest integrity. GroundLink claims to have a strict code of conduct regarding drivers taking personal items of passengers left in vehicles, regardless of value. I am somewhat surprised that GroundLink would not stand by that commitment by taking action against the driver or replacing my iPad.

If you don't value our business, why would you care about someone spending less?

Last edited by Rebecca999999; Jul 19, 2013 at 10:05 pm