FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA Pre-Check stand-alone applications coming this fall
Old Jul 19, 2013, 2:46 pm
supraphonic

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by tusphotog
I was just about to post something on this.

The million dollar question I have is will this work if you're flying a non-PreCheck airline like WN or will you be limited to the PreCheck carriers?

Hopefully the riff raff doesn't start populating the PreCheck lanes though. Went through it yesterday at LAX and had to wait for someone to disassemble their stroller. Lots of other people kept trying to jump into the lane while the very patient (and nice) TSO kept herding them away.
My understanding is that your approval for Pre-Check (since it's still explicitly not guaranteed to get you in the fast lane because unpredictability, keeping the terrorists on their toes, etc., etc.) is integrated into your ticket, and when it's scanned you should only then find out if you have the all-clear to use the lane. In that case WN flyers are still stuck in the standard lines (unless they're A-List) and the standard security lanes.

There's talk of WN rolling out some form of Pre-Check later this year, which I'd love to see because my company flies WN almost exclusively and SAN is pretty big for WN. Fingers crossed, anyway.