FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone Ever Get Turned Down for Global Entry?
Old Jul 18, 2013, 9:09 am
RandomBaritone

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by Xero
A friend of mine is applying for global entry and his interview is in a couple days. He's unemployed. I read though the forums here and noticed a couple reports of unemployed people being denied Global Entry. Is this still the case?
No one knows for sure. My guess, however -- and it's purely a guess -- is that there's some sort of algorithm involved that provides a score, akin to your credit score. One might get points for stable employment, for being a US citizen, for never having had a run-in with the law, for living in one place for a length of time, even for being married. Anything to show stability.

Certain things appear to be automatic dealbreakers, like attempting to evade a Customs law.

So in a nutshell, my best guess is that employment history might have some bearing on how they score an applicant. But again, this is pure speculation. I have no idea how they'd score someone who was, for example, independently wealthy.