FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EVA (BR) award experiences using United miles
Old Jul 16, 2013, 6:51 am
thegrailer

Programs: AA Ex Plt
I flew YYZ-TPE and back a week or so ago. The Royal Laurel seats were wonderful. The soft product was great too. Not a flight to be missed. I believe JFK also has RL seating. FYI: booked b/f availability showed then was pulled on .bomb so I can't help with that

Cheers -

Originally Posted by SunLover
I don't think the OP has missed the boat entirely. It depends when they want to travel. Per the UA Insider BR award availability should be back on the MP search engine shortly. And you can always try calling it in to UA and see if they can book it that way. My guess is they are currently off line (manual) with BR and it might take 48-72 hours to confirm award reservations.

I took that flight when it was EWR-TPE-EWR in the old Premium Laurel seats. It was ok if you were looking for a relatively quick and convenient way to/from southeast Asia, but the hard and soft product did not come close to other *A options like OZ and NH. The new PL product is getting favorable reviews but still looks to be a generation behind the industry leaders.

SunLover