FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FHR Upgrades and Amenities [except Las Vegas] 2013 - 2016
Old Jul 15, 2013, 7:30 am
Yahtzee

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
45 Park Lane Hotel

I recently had a mixed experience at the 45 Park Lane Hotel. I arrived at about 2:00, and my room was not ready so I sat in the lobby and read for probably 60 minutes. So, no noon check in availability.

When taken up to the room, I eventually needed to ask about the Amex credit benefit and whether it worked at the Dorchester. My host said yes and then mentioned the 4:00 check out (which I didn't need). Did not mention breakfast.

Did not receive a room upgrade and would actually call it a room downgrade since I do not like handicap-oriented bathrooms (one large shower room with toilet and water everywhere and no bath tub). Given the wait I had already experienced, I did not try to move. Other than the bathroom, the rooms there are terrific - large, great technology, great soundproofing from Park Lane.

Upon checkout, no charge for breakfast nor for dinner at Bar 45 (which cost more than the FHR credit).