FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mexico City to Teotihuacan / Teotihuacán
Old Jul 14, 2013, 9:41 am
NC_Girl

Programs: DL-Plat, Plat Ambassador, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Mexico City to Teotihuacan / Teotihuacán

We are staying at the Marriott Reforma. There will be 3 of us, one of whom is fluent in Spanish. Two of the three are VERY budget minded.

What is the best way to go to Teotihuacan? Hire a taxi/driver? Tour? or use public buses? Anyone have a general idea how much a driver would cost? how much and how long it would take using the public buses? I personally would love to get there earlier in the day to beat the crowds. Probably won't stay more than an hour and a half.

We are only in Mexico city for 2 full days and there is so much to see right there in the city.... is it really worth going to since we have so little time, and 2 of us are so worried about budget?

I wanted to add that often when I go to a city I will just ask taxi drivers that drive me from the airport if they are interested, or they know someone interested, in driving me around as needed rather than asking at the hotel as the price normally doubles once the hotel gets involved. Can I assume this is reasonably safe to do in Mexico City? The last time I was there my taxi driver was really great, gave me his number and was available to me for the entire stay at a reasonable rate. I wish I had kept his number but sadly it is long gone.

Last edited by NC_Girl; Jul 14, 2013 at 9:47 am